Today I had to use a Vista machine at work. I know… it was horrible.
As I suffered through crappy UI, I found myself yearning for the upcoming Mac OS update, codenamed “Lion”. Apple boasts over 250 new features but there are 5 that stand out as being “insanely great”:
- Multi-Touch gestures. One step closer to Minority Report
- Launch Pad. Start apps on your Mac like it was an iPad
- Auto Save/ Version. Think “Time Machine” for your documents.
- Mission Control. Full control over everything going on.
- And Mail gets a freshening up with graphical “conversations”.
And Apple sweetens the deal by keeping the same low upgrade price of $29.
I’m dreading going back to that Vista machine tomorrow.